Public relations agencies have started to innovate new ways to make the PR strategy more effective to take on the Covid-19 downtime as a challenge. The businesses are struggling to soften the impact of coronavirus outbreak; on the other side, buyers are also changing their priorities and buying patterns to cope with the new financial challenges that emerged after Covid-19. Therefore, it is high time to review your PR strategy and to make it addressing, impacting, engaging, convincing, and encouraging with an edge.
Why You Need to Review Your PR strategy in 2020:
All the born to lead leading brands rely on “immediate creativity” with real-time cultural insights into stakeholder groups; PR companies have new role with added dimensions to meet out this new requirement.
According to numbers of PR veterans, the businesses that will increase PR spending at the earliest will emerge as the winner in the battle with new Covid-19 challenges for marketing. Miller at U.S. Small Business Administration says, “Businesses making $1 to $5 million annual sales should invest 7-8% of total revenue on advertising for marketing.” B2B and B2C public relations have changed dramatically because of Covid-19 spread out and future perceptions. Definitely, businesses need a revitalized PR strategy to soak the impact and perform at a sustainable growth rate in the rest of 2020 and after.
Seven Essential Elements Your PR Strategy Must Have Like The Best:
and Long-Term Goals: PR campaign is a set of proactive activities that build and strengthen the brand’s image online and offline for the long term. PR strategy must revolve around the short-term and long-term goals fixed according to the marketing and future growth plans.
2. Innovative Ways to Standout on Social Media Platforms: Covid-19 has changed the buying behaviors overnight. Social media has become the most important channel to connect with the target audience. Social platforms offer effective ways for the businesses to connect with potential buyers and other stakeholders but your PR strategy needs to have innovative ways to stand out of noise from the crowd.
3. Online Relationship and Database Building: The buying and interaction behavior has changed a lot within three months of the Covid-19 pandemic; it is time to bring most of the business activities on online platforms and to build a database for the future planning. Cloud-based business apps help you connect to a wider customer community with a facility of automatic database building. For example, the effectiveness of App like the Indian Govt.’ Aarogya Setu Mobile App is being hailed worldwide.
4. Values in Tailored Messages: Spreading the messages to the wider community is one of major roles of PR companies. The messages should be tailored for a particular cause that could develop interest of audience in the particular subject like discounts, new arrivals, offers, webinars and others.
5. AI Like Advanced Technology to Measure Outcomes: AI can be used to track and analyze the results of PR activities. AI-based technology helps to fine tune the PR strategy for the most important task with the highest priority.
- Consumers give 7 times more credibility to a media report than the advertisement.
- Hiring a PR agency can deliver 30% to 50% better results than investing on advertising.
6. Focus on Using Media With Diversity: The public relations experts must understand how to represent the businesses effectively at different platforms, online and offline.
7. Balance in Owned, Earned And Paid Media: The balanced use of each media type is a must to building and strengthening positive brand reputation but the use of each media needs a different plan.