On-page SEO, the foundation of SEO and digital marketing, is the suit of activities that the SEO experts do to increase the visibility of a website in SERPs that results in more traffic and leads. On-page SEO score is the key metric measured in four domains: user experience, technical, responses, and search engine friendliness. To succeed in all the four parameters, your digital marketing agency needs to focus two often ignored but vital areas- keywords proximity & keywords placement. Although there are numbers of on-page SEO technical aspects that decide the success rate of a digital marketing company in this blog, I am highlighting to importance keywords proximity and proper keywords placement that will support your website to rank better in search results.
What Is Keywords Proximity?
Keywords proximity means the distance between the words in target phrases or keywords. According to Searchmetrics, the content created for closer keywords proximity makes the search engines and users both happy. For example, ‘cheap holiday tour for 2020’ and ‘holiday tours which are cheap to have in 2020 ’; out of these two, the 1st term will perform better.
1. Eliminate the use of expletive words like “of course”, “and”, “also” etc.
2. Select the keywords and phrases often used by the target users
3. Use the keywords in order. For example, instead of using ‘two and one’, better you use ‘one and two’.
4. Keep the long-tail keywords simple and precise for a particular need; for example, the best digital marketing services in Delhi NCR are better to use than using the term – digital marketing services that are best in Delhi and NCR.
5. Hiring the best among the top online marketing companies having professional content writers is the best way to leverage on-page SEO services.
What is the Placement of the Keyword?
The keywords placement is a strategy designed to use certain numbers of keywords with a purpose adhering to Google’s ranking algorithm. The optimized keywords placement entices the target audience to visit your web page and to stay longer for making their mind to purchase.
1. Use the appropriate keywords at all the prominent places: URLs, headings, title tags, opening paragraph, meta descriptions, page content, footer, link anchor text, and images.
2. Avoid keyword stuffing
3. Don’t focus on more than three keywords on a page because each page has one title tag and one meta description
4. Use LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords
5. Use the Google Suggest tool
Five Major Areas to
Focus On For Keywords Proximity & Placement:
According to SEJ, the proper professional use of keywords still matters a lot for on-page SEO success. You might have hired the best in online marketing companies; still, following five tips for keywords proximity and keywords placement will help you leverage the on-page SEO:
1. Prioritize the Keywords
2. Don’t start the web content with keywords
3. Use data-driven insights for competition
4. Think like a customer not like the search engines
5. Use reliable keyword ranking tools like Google Search Console, Moz Keyword Explorer, and SEMrush
6. Don’t let the keywords density be more than 2 %.
7. Use long-tail keywords containing 3-4 words
|Almost 70 % of the total traffic comes because of long-tail keywords use.|
Keywords research, keywords optimization for proximity and keywords placement in the line of Google content quality algorithms like BERT (October 25, 2019), Broad Core Algorithm Update (January 2020), and others are the core areas that need peculiar attention. The success of a digital marketing campaign depends upon how good your web pages are optimized; and the proper keywords proximity and keywords placement play a vital role here.