In this generation of intensive social media craze, it is very difficult to slip in any new information or create a buzz which can claim everyone’s attention. In order to spread your word and get recognised, Public Relations actively comes to one’s rescue. But the PR involves certain tools and activities which are very crucial for generating positive attitudes among the mass. This, in turn, brings productive results where the consumers get converted to faithful customers. Moreover, PR tools stand out among the pool of other options, especially advertising campaigns as it is cost-effective and exercises a better degree of control in comparison to others; acting as a factor responsible for building the business reputation. Media Relations Media relations is one of the many PR tools which focuses on the circulation of messages with the help of media channels to portray your business in a positive light. This includes the release of media statements, fact sheets and on-site media tours. By doing so you acquaint the journalists with your business. Apart from these, social media works as a two-fold task where on one hand it helps drive journalist’s attention while on the other hand, it aids in tracking the journalists involved in the field concerning your business sector. In media relation, media releases and story ideas need to be pitched with the help of local, regional or state media. This is done with the help of a good media list and by building a relationship with the key journalists. The overall process accelerates the promotion of business as well as manages risks, issues and crisis that arises in business. Social Media Social media acts as a bypass to media and leads you directly to the target customers. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites have multipurpose tasks to achieve. Some of them are listed below:
- Helps in following the journalists and likewise in being followed by them.
- Getting web traffic
- Issue management by immediately responding in the crisis situations like criticisms or negative perceptions
- Providing ideal conditions while increasing the probability of your brand/business exposure.
- Business exposure where even business people get the chance to be highlighted
- New products/services promotion
- Ensures that accurate information reaches the target group
- Provides a chance to clear customer doubts which in turn helps establish customer confidence
- Helps in creating a mailing list by researching the market and competitors